Crosspoint Church Rockford IL
Pastor Kee Thang – September 25th, 2022
1 Timothy 2:4 – Who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.
- Being Human
We are very blessed that we know the living God, and it is the greatest gift.
1 Chronicle 29:15 – For we are strangers before you and sojourners like all our ancestors. Our days are like the shadow upon earth, and there is no hope of abiding.
Psalm 119:19 – I am a stranger in the earth; Do not hide Your commandments from me. We are all a traveler in this world, in other words, we live temporarily in this world, life is short. Life is short and some people have a good life, but some people are struggling. Some people are happy and some are sad. Some people are succeeded, and some are failing. Some are rich and some are poor. Some people have a good shelter, but some people don’t have a house to live in. Some people are educated, but some are not. This is happening in this world, and this is human life. God is interested in a human if they are alive or if they are dead, rather than how we spend our daily life. Our appearance is important but so is our spiritual life. Actually, it is more important. As a Christian, we should prioritize our God more than anything else.
In Hebrews 9:27 it said, we will see the Lord, once we die and our soul leaves our body.
We will all stand before God’s judgment seat.
Rom 14:10 – You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? … For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat.
In 1 Corinthian 3:13-15, the Bible said, it will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work.
2 Corinthian 5:10 – For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.
- We need to stand before God for the judgement. We can’t deny it. (Rom 14:12, 1 Cor 3:12-15, 2 Cor 5:10)
- Jesus will judge the church when He comes back at His second coming. (John 14:3, I Thess. 4:13-15)
- Everything will be reviled and rewarded 2 Cor 5:10
- He will be judging according to how faithful or unfaithful we were.
- The good benefits of the Judgement are:
- Given the authority and entrusting for God’s wealth – (Matt 25:14-30)
- He will place us according to our spiritual level – (Matt 5:19, Matt 19:30)
- Receiving rewards – (1 Cor 3:12-14, Philip 3:14, 2 Tim 4:8)
- For praise and honoring – (Romans 2:10, 1 Peter 1:7 1)
Before we get to heaven, we need to be 100% sure and believe that we will be going to heaven.
When God first created the human being, they were perfect, created as God’s image, we had authority and were living in the full power of God, very pure and without sin. But when they (Adam and Eve) both did not listen to God, sinfulness entered into the human beings and the consequences was death. Rom 5:12 therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so, death Spread to all man because all sinned.
So, massive sinfulness came through from Adam and Eve to all human beings. – (1 Cor 15:21-22)
There are 2 ways sin came through our life
- First in Adam the sin of unfaithfulness – This kind of sin started in Adam’s heart and his life
- Second through us this sin (unfaithfulness) went through all of the generations of human beings and it’s destroying them.
The consequences of sin are:
- Romans 6:23 – The wages of sin is death.
- Romans 6:7 – anyone who has died has been set free from sin.
- Hebrew 9:22 – without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.
- Revelation 21:8 – For the second death, they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur.
- The Redemption
Galatians 1:4 2:20 3:13 Hebrews 9:15 Ephesians 1:7
The redemption means: Ransom, Deliverance, Release, Salvation.
Galatians 1:4 who gave himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father,
This passage is a “confession” of New Testament believers. It is a confession of faith, in this confession is:
- Forgiveness of sins from Jesus’ death on the cross.
- Deliverance from this evil age, and present life.
The purpose of Jesus is to give salvation to people. It is to be freed from the evil age.
Acts 2:40 – The first sermon after the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost, is to “Be saved from this foolish generation.”
- Every saved believer must live for God.
- We must reject the self-centered pleasures that are valued by the people of the world.
- Perverted desires must be given up.
- We must not accept our own opinions and reject them.
It is important for Christians to die on the cross with Christ. Galatians 2:20 Paul described how he was related to Christ in his life and how he was dependent on him. Everyone who believes in the Lord Christ is to experience the death and resurrection of the Lord Christ and live in close harmony with Him.
1) Every believer must be crucified with Christ. Dead to the law, being saved must live for God through Christ. It is important for those who are saved by Christ not to be ruled by sin. Romans 6:11 Galatians 5:24 Colossians 2:12,20
2) We died on the cross with Christ and now live in the resurrection life with Him. The power of Jesus is the strength that lies within us as well as our ideas to live in life. These behaviors are the main basis of conversations. John 15:1-16 Ephesus 3:17 It is that we continue to experience the resurrected life of Jesus through the power of the Holy Spirit. John 16:13-14 Romans 8:10-11
3) Belief in Christ’s death and resurrection; persistently love and value the Son of God who loved us and gave his life. (John 3:16) Believing and living in Christ is living by the Spirit. Romans 8:9-11
John 14:1-4 Revelation 21:1-7 Revelation 22:5 Matthew 24:44 It’s like reminding yourself. We must not forget to live for the future.
John 14:2 – My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? Jesus Talking about the heavenly kingdom where we will live. At the end of time in this world – we will enter eternity. It is a house to live in forever. It is a house full of God’s glory.
The Kingdom in Heaven
Matthew 6:9 Psalms 33:13-14 Isaiah 63:15
Hebrews 13:14 – For here we do not have an enduring city, but we are looking for the city that is to come.
John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.
John 17:24 Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.
Jesus’ prayer is that all mankind will be where God is in the heavenly kingdom.
The main purpose of Jesus’ return
- To live with Christ forever John 14:3 1Thessalonions 4:17
- To raise believers from this world to heaven John 14:3 1 Thessalonians 4:17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. It is a place where we will live as equals through the blood of Christ.
- To save the faithful believers from what will happen Luke 21:36 – “Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man.”
To save the faithful believers from what will happen
1 Thessalonians 1:10 who rescues us from the coming wrath.
Revelation 3:10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth. A great day when humanity will encounter great calamity. It will be difficult and it will also be a difficult day.
Matthew 24:21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again. It is talking about the time of great tribulation that the world will face.
The special signs that will be encountered during the tribulation period
- Great trouble. Humans will face great hardships. (Matt, 24:21)
- The abomination of desolation that destroys will be planted in the sanctuary. ( 24:15) In the temple of Jerusalem, Daniel said the Antichrist will rule. (Daniel 9:27:1, John, 2:18, 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4, Revelation 13:14-15)
- Matt, 24:24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
- New Heaven and New Earth
Revelation 21:1-7 Revelation 22:5
It is the place where we will live forever.
So, you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.
This morning I want to encourage you to please………..
- Pray without ceasing.
- Live your life in view of eternity every single day.
- Have peace in the Lord.
May God Bless you all.