A vibrant children’s ministry is essential in strengthening and encouraging parents, retaining and reaching younger families, and passing and imparting the faith to future generations. Research indicates that most people come to faith when they are young. We want to do everything we can to interact, invite and include parents and children in the family of faith.
Raising children is one of life’s most rewarding and fulfilling experiences, and it can be one of the most exhausting and complicated things we do. We desire to encourage and equip families to raise their kids in a Christ-centered home and community of faith so that they will make Christ the center of their lives.
We are looking for a full-time children’s director at Crosspoint to continue to build, maintain and grow our ministry to children (infant through 5th grade) and their families. Join and lead a great team and a vibrant church with a growing multi-cultural children’s ministry. We offer flexible hours, active volunteers, and a chance to help shape the hearts and minds of a generation of children.
Crosspoint currently has between 40 – 60 kids on Sunday mornings, with around 45 volunteers on rotation, and we are growing!
- Passion and love for God, families, and children
- Strong relational skills with both adults and children
- Solid organizational, planning, and administration skills
- A “both/and” mindset of reaching the children and families outside the church while loving and developing them within the church
- Humble, hungry, and smart (From The Ideal Team Player by Patrick Lencioni)
- A high level of Bible proficiency desired
- Bachelor’s degree in Bible and/or children’s education preferred
- Children’s ministry experience preferred
- Willing to become a member of Crosspoint Church
- Coordinate and oversee all children’s programming, which includes but is not limited to: Sunday morning children’s church and nurseries (both services), potential Sunday school, mid-week programming, and special events for both of our congregations: Crosspoint and Crosspoint Myanmar
- Responsible for teaching and/or finding teachers for various classrooms
- Provide leadership and supervision to staff members and volunteers involved in this ministry
- Actively recruit, train, and empower a volunteer team to effectively disciple children
- Display a Christ-like lifestyle
- Create fun and engaging kid-friendly environments
- Maintain a well-organized children’s ministry resource area
- Provide curriculum (purchased or created) and supplies for teachers
- Oversee communication between the church, children, and families
- Develop and maintain an online presence
- Provide resources and support for parents and families as needed
- Consistent attendance at staff meetings, leadership meetings, and retreats
- Collaborate with the Student Ministries to ensure a smooth transition from Crosspoint Kids
About this position
- Full time
- Work is primarily performed at Crosspoint Church, 3215 E State in Rockford, Illinois
- Contact for questions: 815-399-2665, email@example.com
- How to apply: Email cover letter and resume to above address